Ed Stetzer was the first speaker at the Bits, Bytes, Blogs, & Bibles Preconference. Below are the notes I took from his talk.
- Social media is not a replacement for community, it is a supplement to community.
- One problem with social media is the inability to convey complicated or detailed thoughts. Trying to do this is called simplism, or reducing something to a point beyond its capacity to be understood.
Tim Challies was the second speaker at the Bits/Bytes Preconference. He spoke on the conduct of online communication Below are the notes I took from his talk.
- In his introduction Challies quotes Paul, “Speak truth in love.”
- When communicating online or anywhere else truth needs to be the heart of the message, love should be the means of relaying the message.
- A great quote that I believe Challies was quoting from someone else: “Truth becomes hard if not softened by love, love becomes soft if not strengthened by truth.” Continue reading